An upgrade on the DC 41, Dyson’s DC 65 Animal Vacuum Cleaner is marketed as the most powerful machines in its class, with distinct improvements in design and performance over its predecessors and other comparable products in the market.
Is the Dyson DC65 Pet Hair Vacuum Mere Hype or Delivers Truly Superior Performance?
However, the pet hair vacuum cleaner is also significantly more expensive than other comparable devices. So, here is a Dyson DC65 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review that explores if this product is worth your investment and time.
What is Dyson DC 65?
The latest offering from the appliance maker, DC 65 is available in three models designed to serve the specific needs of your home. The Animal Complete has the maximum number of accessories which include zorb powder, multi angle brush, tool storage bag and the stiff bristle brush among others. The multi floor pet hair vacuum cleaner is the most basic machine in the range while the DC 65 Animal is just right for the average home with a pet or two.
The upright vacuum cleaner can be used on hardwood floors, carpets, upholstery and stairs. The patented Radial Root Cyclone Technology, its V6 engine and the iconic ball in the design give it superior maneuverability.
Dyson DC65 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review: How does it compare with other products?
Better suction: With 25% more suction capacity, this machine will pull out hair and dirt from hardwood floors and from deep inside the carpet fiber even after you have put the house through a round of vacuuming with another device.
Superior cleaning: Together with its HEPA filter and the Radial root Cyclone Technology, this vacuum cleaner easily removes dust, pet dander and hair, mold spores, pollen and food tidbits. The cyclone inlets and the vortex fingers do give this machine enhanced air flow and pressure which shows in its performance.
Redesigned brush bar: The short and stiff bristles allow the brush bar to penetrate deeper into the carpet and provide superior performance on different types of flooring, including vinyl, marble, tiles and wood, without any loss of suction.
Larger area coverage: This is one pet vacuum cleaner that can even get to those hard to reach spots around the house. The machine picks up sand and grime brought in by pets easily even from areas that are right up against the base board. So, you won’t have to hassle with the wand attachment.
Easy to assemble and use: The components of the device have the insert, slide and snap lock designs. So, it only takes a few minutes to assemble the vacuum cleaner. With the Dyson Animal Complete you also get a tool bag which can be attached to the main unit, so all the accessories are placed in arms reach.
Why should you be investing in this product?
The DC 65 comes with a 5 years “at home” warranty, so in case of a glitch, an engineer will come over to repair the unit. Dyson is a fairly new company but it has a stellar reputation for building tough machines that are made to last and the DC 65 is no different, although some would say that the plastic construction of the frame could have been sturdier.
It is easy to use, which is a prime consideration when buying a pet vacuum cleaner. It is not a cordless device, but the cord stretches out to almost 35 feet and the hose is about 15 feet long, which gives you enough margin to move around easily even in large room. At 17 lbs, this machine feels incredibly light and it moves astonishingly well for a full size upright vacuum cleaner. So, you won’t have to struggle with the DC 65 like with other devices; this translates to less fatigue after a round of house cleaning and less time spent on the chore.
The Pros of the Dyson DC65
- The cleaner head is self adjusting with a transparent plastic top that shows any jams
- Tangle free turbine tool picks up dirt and pet hair from furniture with relative ease.
- The pet vacuum cleaner has counter rotating heads with bristles that remove dirt and hair, which are then released into the dirt bin.
- Has a convenient bag less design and the bin is large enough to hold gunk accumulated over a few cleaning sessions.
- Won’t have to spend more for HEPA filters, which is great for people who suffer from allergies.
- The device is offered with two washable filters that can simply be rinsed and air dried when soiled.
- Extendable hose.
- Light enough to be carried up the stairs.
- More airflow provides more efficient and thorough cleaning.
- Silent operation.
The Cons of the Dyson DC65
- The one design element people are complaining about is that it takes a bit of jostling to get DC 65 into the upright position. Also, if it is not locked into place, the machine comes crashing to the floor and may damage a table top or hurt a child or pet.
- Also, the pet vacuum cleaner has small back wheels which are just used to hold device in the upright position. You cannot tip the machine back and use the wheels to move it around.
Dyson DC 65 does indeed offer superlative cleaning performance. However, the design glitches are dampeners and they do mar its smooth performance. Yet, it cannot be disputed that this pet hair vacuum cleaner has astonishing suction capacity, so your floors will be cleaner than ever before. In other words, if you can afford to spend on a high end gadget, this would be one of the best choices.